What to expect
In light of the latest climate science, our leaders forum 2024 will focus on how trusts and foundations can rise to the challenge of the climate emergency.
The forum offers a unique opportunity for connection that many of our members don’t get elsewhere. Senior leaders and decision makers will benefit from:
- opportunities for informal, supportive peer discussions
- both structured and free form chances to network
- more autonomy for senior leaders to decide how they spend the day
- a chance to ‘look up and out’ and a space to come together and work on knotty issues
- a space to think like a sector and be challenged as a sector
- content that is specifically relevant to senior leaders and decision makers
- a range of voices and diverse experiences
- consideration of the many facets of inclusion, making it a welcoming space for all.
Help shape the conversation for senior leaders - As part of the programme there will be an ‘In conversation with…’ plenary session between ACF chief executive Carol Mack and ACF members.
We are looking for three individuals – staff members or trustees – from across ACF’s broad membership, representing different foundation types, sizes, grant-giving areas and approaches to help shape this conversation before and during the event.
- Are you interested in shaping the conversation for senior leaders of trusts and foundations? We want to hear from you!
- Do you have a staff member or trustee who is influencing big thinking in your foundation? Share this opportunity with them.
- Working with your networks from across ACF’s membership to canvas the questions, topics and discussion threads for the session which are important to you, our members. Placing particular emphasis on the areas where you think there is real value having sector wide discussions on
- Working with the ACF team and Carol Mack to agree the overall structure of the dialogue and main topics/questions to be covered
- Reflecting on your own experience or practice in those topics and soliciting input from your networks on them.
On the day:
- Being live to member exchanges on the day and feeding the hot topics into the discussion on stage – via informal chats with attendees and reviewing questions posted on Slido
- Co-hosting a dynamic and insightful conversation on stage in front of an audience of c.350 on the important and pressing topics for our sector.
We want all our events to be inclusive spaces and we advocate for diversity across all protected characteristics and socio-economic status at all ACF events. We’re looking for individuals that reflect the diversity of the UK population to take part. This includes but is not limited to ethnicity, disability, socioeconomic, gender, age and LGBTQ+ inclusion.
More information and an expression of interest form can be found here. Expressions of interest should be submitted by 10 March. For more information please contact [email protected].